What is PayFast?
PayFast is a popular payment processing service for South Africans and South African websites. PayFast enable easy, secure and instant transfer of money between online buyers and sellers.
PayFast is committed to keeping your sensitive information secure. They have a multitude of automated and manual checks in place to protect both buyers and sellers from fraudulent transactions.
With over 30,000 receiving accounts registered with PayFast, trusting them with our payment needs, they continue to be the online payment processor of choice for South African sellers, large and small. Their customers range from independent sole proprietors to large companies with hundreds of personnel. Visit www.payfast.co.za for more information.
PCI-DSS Level 1 Compliant
PayFast use Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption. Only two of the four major South African banks use this –the highest– level of encryption currently available.
- All sensitive info is encrypted within the PayFast database.
- 3D Secure is in place for all credit card transactions.
- Two-factor authentication is available to restrict access to your PayFast account.
- BIN/IIN validation to check for card-issuing bank locations and merchants can choose to enable/disable payments from certain countries.
- Payments and card details are automatically checked against large online databases of blacklisted details.
3D Secure is an extra layer of security in using your credit card for online transactions. Sellers are asked to enter their 3D Secure password or one time PIN – which they register with their bank– to authenticate that they are the actual cardholder.
What methods of payment do you offer?
We facilitate payment by credit cards, cheque cards, Instant EFT (via Internet Banking), Bitcoin, mobicred, Masterpass and debit cards (via PayD).
Do you store my credit card information on your website?
No we do not. After checkout you will be redirected to the secure PayFast Server where your credit card details are encrypted and secured with 3D Secure. You also have the option to pay with a standard EFT/Banking Transfer.